Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My first Solo Project is a book, it's done and guess what? It arrived today!!

So the first project that I got at my new job was a book titled "What Does Hope Look Like." It's a series of Intaglio prints created by Students at the St. Johnsbury Academy, in Vermont. If you're wondering what intaglio is, look it up and educate yourself. It took a while for me to figure out a layout, and for printing we used blurb.com. This publishing company is a great resource for people who want to create a book, and get one copy printed. The price for ours was 55 bucks, next day shipping. The book arrived today, and I'm pretty happy with the quality, although there are some small mistakes that I have to work on, such as color errors. I wanted a beige color, and I got a light yellow, which is not that bad, but it's not what I wanted. Oh well, we have to proof the heck out of the book, so we can get final ones printed, since this was just a proof to see how blurb prints their book.

No comments:

Post a Comment